Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Linda's Snowflakes and Dry Embossing Challenge

As I'm off work for a few days I was able to get straight into making a Christmas card for the challenge set yesterday by my friend Linda - a card with snowflakes and dry embossing.

I started by applying distress inks (faded jeans, broken china & tumbled glass) to a piece of white card, spritzed it with water and then embossed it using a gorgeous folder that Linda gave me when we met on holidays recently - thanks again, Linda! The pretty snowflake dies Kristina Werner designed for Simon Says Stamp are my favourites so I just had to add one of them to my card too.


Embossing folder - Snowflake Scroll (Darice)
Die - Kate Snowflake (Simon Says Stamp)
Stamp - Very Merry Christmas (Hero Arts)


The snowflake was die cut from white card and a layer of diamond stickles and a gem applied for some sparkle.


Next up I made a matching gift tag with pretty much the same supplies.


Dies - Kate Snowflake (Simon Says Stamp) & Lacey Squares (Spellbinders)

It's great to have another card and tag to put into my bundle for Christmas. Linda, thanks again for the fun challenge and helping me be better prepared for Christmas this year!

2 comments:

Lin said...

Love these blues, Heather! And I love that you're making a matching tag at the same time you do a card - fantastic idea!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a gorgeous card & tag, Heather! I agree with Lin - well done for doing matching ones!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails